Principal Consultant (PC)
Principal Consultant (PC)
If you’re an expert in organizational development, organizational behavior, change management, industrial organizational psychology and/or group facilitation, we want you to consider our Project Based Principal Consultant (PC) role.
As a Principal Consultant at the Lindsay Group, you’ll apply and develop your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills from day one. You’ll begin as a generalist and be placed in the thick of the action, as you work side by side with some of the best consultants in the business.
Identify and contact potential clients for new business engagements.
- Build strong relationships with existing clients for repeat business.
Maintain frequent client communication, make regular client visits and ensure client satisfaction. Conduct meetings with clients and management to determine project scope, budget, and timelines.
Develop business proposals, SOWs and other reports when required.
Negotiate project terms and conditions with clients as needed.
Implement product development initiatives to meet future client needs.
Identify project risks and challenges and develop resolution plans.
Schedule regular client meetings, process client invoices and review engagement letters. Provide project training to clients as needed.
Identify business opportunities and convert them to projects.
Plan and manage multiple projects effectively. Identify potential customers through networking, referrals, and communities.
Track project progress and identify and correct any delays.
Report project status to clients on a regular basis.
Provide support in developing functional and technical specifications.
- Related advanced degree in IO psychology, Organizational Development, Management, or additional related work experience
- 5+ years’ related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- Broad-based business experience, and meaningful exposure to strategy development and planning
- Experience working in the context of or with a large, complex organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are critical to success
- Demonstrated understanding of tracking and applying market, customer, competitor, technology and innovation trends
- Excellent relationship skills; highly collaborative – able to build rapport and establish credibility quickly with all levels of the organization
- Executive presence – able to comfortably interact with, present findings, analyses and information to, and influence, senior leaders and other key stakeholder groups
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and influencing skills
- Excellent leadership skills and successful track record of establishing or participating in great teams
To apply, you’ll need to submit the following items by mail or by filling the form:
- Resume/CV (Word doc or PDF files only)
- Statement of Interest